Are you ready to say yes?
SWIFTY SCOOTERS, ICE TRIKES AND A FOLDABLE CANOE ARE WAITING
If you fancy a unique adventure but don’t have the cash to buy a new bike, trike, canoe or pedal powered submarine, maybe we can help (ok, perhaps not with the submarine….yet).
SayYesMore founder Dave Cornthwaite has made a habit of travelling long distances without motors and his ever increasing fleet of rides have gone on to enjoy hundreds of different adventures for others.
This is where the idea of YesRides comes in, so if you’ve got a great adventure, cause or idea that we can help with, choose your weapon below and let us know. There are full guidelines on using the YesRides below, including deposit, etiquette and community spirit.
Dave’s journey around Japan on a Swifty Scooter is one of his most fun and ridiculous adventures, and we’ve partnered up with Manchester-based Swifty scooters to offer two branded YesScooters, which were christened Tortoise and Hare at Camp Yestival in 2019. Each one has a front rack to carry gear, and then rest is up to you!
What we’ll provide
One or two SayYesMore Swifty Scooters
Basic maintenance tools
PS. If you’ like to buy your own Swifty, use the code SAYYESMORESWIFTY for 10% off. Deal!
Back in 2014 Dave travelled over a 1000 miles on an ICE Trike named Trikey, and since then has been available to members of the YesTribe take on a journey. Thousands of amazing miles later ICE have donated another trike to the Tribe to ensure there's no excuse to head off on another road trip. Whether you’re rolling solo or have a partner in three-wheeled crime, let us know!
Sound like you?
Tell us your plan! The more information the better!
What our YesRides are looking for
An adventurous spirit
A unique plan that will get people excited
Social media savvy, sharing stories as you go
An ambassador for SayYesMore and ICETrikes/Swifty Scooters/ ONAK
Some of Trikey’s Adventures so far
POUL BRIX - SCOTLAND
APRIL 2016 - DAVE C AND EM KAREMBO - A LITTLE LOOP OF SOUTHERN LONDON
JUNE 2017 - ANNA HUMPHRIES - 5 DAYS - 200 MILES - 26 CASTLES - NEWCASTLE TO EDINBURGH - 1 TRIKE - 1 ME
AUGUST 2017 - CARL DUDLEY - EDINBURGH TO LEE VALLEY - DISTANCE: 500 MILES OR SO
2018 - TANYA NOBLE - An Island tour
2018 - EMMA FAIRY - Isle of Wight
2019 - MATT KETTLEWELL - Lands End to John O’Groats
Rules of engagement
We’re stoked that you want to go off and enjoy an adventure on the SayYesMore Trikes and/or Scooters, and have jotted down a few basic asks to ensure that this all goes without a hitch.
We joined forces with ICE Trikes and Swifty Scooters to enable people who couldn’t otherwise access or afford a trike to have the opportunity to adventure on three wheels. Naturally though, it takes a bit of time and energy to organise the logistics behind so many different people a year using Trikey and the Scooters, and to ensure that they’re always adventure ready and kitted out in good working order.
Sadly, a couple of times our YesRides have been returned to us in a lesser condition than when we sent them away on a trip. We want to make them available because adventure can be a really powerful force for change, both individually and for the larger community, but ultimately, SayYesMore operates thanks to volunteers and we don’t have the budget or time to fix the trike after every journey.
With this in mind, we have a few ground rules for anyone who wants to take a Yesride away on a trip. Here they are:
1) You need to put a deposit of £200 down before taking the Trikemeister away. You’ll get this back once Trikey is returned in the condition it started in. If Trikey needs work or new parts this will come out of your deposit.
2) Ideally you’d be raising funds and/ or awareness for a worthwhile cause during your trip. This should be close to your heart and your choice. But if you just want to go on a good old adventure and make us smile and inspired with your stories, that’s cool too.
3) Please ensure the condition of the Rides are as good as new when you pass them over to the next rider. Look after them as you would your own so SayYesMore or future users don't endure extra costs.
4) We’ll help you liaise with the riders before/after you to pick up and pass on the YesRide at either end of your adventure. This is a fluid process so your patience and support is appreciated :)
5) We think it’s really cool that we’re able to send people off on these adventures with such an awesome piece of kit, and in return it’s super nice to get some social media action as thanks. This means more people will hear about the nice stuff we’re doing.
So, where possible in each post please tag:
Instagram: Twitter: @theyestribe + @icetrikes or @swiftyscooters
Facebook: @sayyesmore @swiftyscooters @icetrikes
Twitter: @theyestribe + @icetrikes or @swiftyscooters
6) When on the YesRides you're an Ambassador for SayYesMore, ICE Trikes or Swifty Scooters, so please bear this in mind with public posts and respect everyone along the way.
7) Send us photos (if you’re wearing a SayYesMore t-shirt, even better!) and updates and we will constantly share your journey on our platforms.
8) When you’re finished, write a blog about your experience and include the following:
- Why and how you did this trip
- Distance travelled
- Days on the road
- Some lovely kindness and adventure-related anecdotes
- How much did you raise for your cause
Please sent this and some photos of your journey to email@example.com and we’ll be sure to upload it to our SayYesMore blog and share on social media.
Now, go and enjoy your adventures!