What a great turn-out for the first YesTribe gathering of 2016. A chance to catch-up, meet a bunch of new faces and kick start the New Year with a brain dump of aims and plans for the next few months. Big thanks to Snow and Rock for hosting us. Here's the rundown.
Aims for 2016
- FOUND FIRST STAGE OF YES HQ
- 3 COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS/ BUSINESSES SET UP BY US
- PROVIDE SMALL INCOME POSSIBILITIES FOR TRIBE MEMBERS IN JOB TRANSITION
- KEEP SPREADING THE WORD – GROW TRIBE
- WEEKLY GATHERINGS
- REGULAR CAMPOUTS
- EACH TRIBE MEMBER TO REACH END OF YEAR AND HAVE A LIST OF NEW PROJECTS ON OUR “CVs” THAT WE ALL HAD A HAND IN
- LET'S DO THIS
- Early stage discussions ongoing re. site on outskirts of London. More to come by end of month.
- Possibility of pooling resources and buying abandoned pub in central London for Live/Work hub
- Connections being made with other Live/Work communities around the world, including Bali, Mexico and Switzerland. Idea to to cross-pollinate and share with these, as well as providing possibilities for YesTribers to visit other hubs around the world.
CALL TO ACTION: Find other positive hubs, events and organisations with similar ethos to SayYesMore so we can partner up.
YesTribe Retreat at Monestevole, Umbria: May 6 - 9
We're really looking forward to the first YesTribe Retreat in Monestevole. Relaxation, swimming, workshops, lectures and more. Spend a full weekend with people who get you!
- Triple Room - double and a single ensuite - 3 people
- 2 x double ensuites - 4 people
- 2 x doubles shared bathroom - 4 people
PRICES - £240 - £270 pp (depending on room) + FLIGHTS
- 10 beds of 22 remaining.
- Tribe encouraged to get their place ASAP before flight prices rise.
We'd like to pursue the idea of forming three projects or business taking advantage of the skills of all tribe members. Rule: Only provide products or services that are useful!
- YES HQ
- RAISE FUNDS FOR GENERAL RUNNING OF SYM / SOCIAL MEDIA
- TO PROVIDE CASH FLOW ESPECIALLY FOR TRIBERS IN TRANSITIONS
INITIAL IDEAS FOR PROJECTS:
- YES HQ
- YES CAFÉ - WIDE WORKING AREA IN LONDON WITH EPIC WIFI
- YESTRIBE CREATIVE DEPARTMENT – TAKE ON A FEW BRANDING PROJECTS FOR WEB/FILM EACH YEAR
- BLOG/ SITE/APP REVIEWING BEST COFFICES IN LONDON
- VIDEO SERIES – TELLING STORIES OF TRIBE MEMBERS WITH GREAT YES STORIES
These are the YesTribe 'Departments' we're looking to develop this year.
- Tribe Growth Thinktank
- Yes HQ
CALL TO ACTION: IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A PROJECT/BUSINESS OR WOULD LIKE TO GET IN ON ONE OF THE ABOVE IDEAS, LET US KNOW
Say Yes More Website
Dave calls for all tribe members to visit www.sayyesmore.com/ www.sayyestival.com (they're the same site) and send at least two thoughts each about:
- Does the website paint a good, fast picture of what SayYesMore/ YesTribe is?
- And suggestions for new content?
FURTHER CALL TO ACTION:
- Suggestions needed for Tribers who have an inspiring story - we'd like to feature them on the site.
- Suggestions for partner organisations who share a philosophy with us
Chance for the Tribe to share a tale of success, a dream, a project incoming or something they'd like help with.
Andy Madely reminds us all of the definition of a hero (A hero is someone who has the compassion, mental toughness and ability to act in order to help others.) and shares the early idea of a project he is brewing to help everyone become a hero.
The outline of the superhero school is to train* and practice the skills every good super hero has: compassion, mindfulness, situational awareness, self-discipline, decision making under duress, tenacity etc, etc and more physical skills like endurance, natural movement (like parkour but without the baggy tracksuit), cold/heat resistance, bushcraft how to escape handcuffs, etc.
In summary think Batman meets the Dalai Lama!
*myself but would team up with other YTers if they were interested
Jason Webber is hosting a campout on January 22nd. He calls for people to join up, as well as for others to take the lead and organise other campouts.
Important Dates Coming Up
10th - Bike Ride with Cake
13th - YesTribe Bristol Gathering
14th - YesTribe Weekly Gathering - Walk on the South Bank
14th - Straight after the walk above, Superheroes Run for Adam Finch
19th - YesStories - A Night of Inspiration
20th - Wilderness Lectures, Bristol feat. Dave Cornthwaite's SayYesMore keynote
22nd - Awesome Campout led by Jason
23/24th - Adventure Travel Show (40% off when entering CORNTHWAITE into checkout)
5th - 7th - London to Paris Bike Ride
KEY CALLS TO ACTION
- If you haven't already, please sign up to the Say Yes More Newsletter
- Every Tribe Member please invite at least one new person to the YesTribe Group
- If you organise a Tribe event make sure it's done through the YesTribe Group event page
- Let us know if you'd like to help more with the organisation of various YesTribe projects or events
- Take a look at the SayYesMore website and offer suggestions so we can get our online presence spick and span :)
- Make sure you get along to as many events as possible!
Big hugs everyone, this is going to be a very, very good year!