Are you ready to say yes?
We've partnered up with ICE Trikes to offer you the chance to go on a fun-filled three-wheeled adventure.
Since SayYesMore founder Dave Cornthwaite travelled over a 1000 miles on an ICE Trike (see the film below) his trike, named Trikey, has been available to members of the YesTribe to take on a journey. Thousands of amazing miles later ICE have donated another trike to the Tribe to ensure there's no excuse to head off on another road trip.
And now it's your turn. All you need to do is tell us where you'd like to take Trikey 2 and when, and if you've got a cool plan we'll strongly considering loaning you the transport for a trip of a lifetime.
Please see our guidelines for using Trikey at the bottom of the page....
Trikey Adventures in 2017
MAY - POUL BRIX - SCOTLAND
MON JUNE 5TH - FRI JUNE 9TH 2017 - ANNA HUMPHRIES - 5 DAYS - 200 MILES - 26 CASTLES - NEWCASTLE TO EDINBURGH - 1 TRIKE - 1 ME
7 - 13 AUGUST - CARL DUDLEY - EDINBURGH TO LEE VALLEY - DISTANCE: 500 MILES OR SO
What we're looking for
An adventurous spirit
A unique plan that will get people excited
Social media savvy
An ambassador for SayYesMore and ICETrikes
Regular use of the #yestrike hashtag
Rules of engagement
We’re stoked that you want to go off and enjoy an adventure on the SayYesMore Trike, and have jotted down a few basic asks to ensure that this all goes without a hitch.
We joined forces with ICE Trikes to enable people who couldn’t otherwise access or afford a trike to have the opportunity to adventure on three wheels. Naturally though it takes a bit of time and energy to organise the logistics behind so many different people a year using Trikey, and to ensure that the trike is kitted out in good working order.
Sadly, a couple of times Trikey has been returned to us in a lesser condition than when we sent him (or is it her?) away on a trip.We want to make Trikey available because adventure can be a really powerful force for change, both individually and for the larger community, but ultimately, SayYesMore operates thanks to volunteers and we don’t have the budget or time to fix the trike after every journey.
With this in mind, we have a few ground rules for anyone who wants to take Trikey on a trip. Here they are:
1) You need to put a deposit of £300 down before taking the Trikemeister away. You’ll get this back once Trikey is returned in the condition it started in. If Trikey needs work or new parts this will come out of your deposit.
2) We’d like you to raise funds and/ or awareness for a worthwhile cause during your trip. This should be close to your heart and your choice.
3) Please ensure the condition of the trike(s) is as good as new when you pass them over. Look after them as you would your own so future users can have full enjoyment and SayYesMore or future users doesn't endure any extra costs.
4) You should pick up and return the Trike at your own cost from and to London, unless we've got a more convenient alternative arrangement with the rider before or after you.
5) We think it’s really cool that we’re able to send people off on these adventures with such an awesome piece of kit, and in return it’s super nice to get some social media action as thanks. This means more people will hear about the nice stuff we’re doing.
So, where possible in each post please tag:
Twitter: @yesisadoingword (and @davecorn & @icetrikes if you have room)
Instagram: @yesisadoingword @davecorn @icetrikes
Facebook: @sayyesmore @davecornthwaite @icetrikes
And add the hashtag #yestrike
6) When on the Trike you're an Ambassador for SayYesMore and ICE Trikes, please bear this in mind with public posts
7) Send us photos (if you’re wearing a SayYesMore t-shirt, even better!) and updates and we will constantly share your journey on our platforms.
8) When you’re finished, write a blog about your experience and include the following:
- Why and how you did this trip
- Distance travelled
- Days on the road
- Some lovely kindness and adventure-related anecdotes
- How much did you raise for your cause
Please sent this and some photos of your journey to email@example.com and we’ll be sure to upload it to our SayYesMore blog and share on social media.